In1869, French missionary Armand Pere David obtained a specimen of giant panda from Sichuan. Considering that pandas look like bears, he named it as Ursus melanoleucus A.David (Black-and-white Bear). Later, research has been conducted on the teeth and bones of giant pandas, and found that their characteristics are more like those of lesser pandas. So the creature is renamed as Aliuropoda melanoleuca David.
- Pandas Hibernate in the Winter?
- Giant Pandas Blood Draws and Physical Examinations
- Panda Bao Bao’s First Snow Day!
- Panda in history
- The first giant panda discovered by the western world
- Giant Panda’s Food
- Panda Appearance and Characteristics
- The Bamboo Forest
- Giant panda’s Habitat
- Giant Panda Distribution