Chinese discovered giant panda much earlier than the western world. The famous literatures Shangshu and Shijing published about 3,000 years ago in the Western Zhou dynasty named giant panda as “Pi”. Another geographical literature Shanhaijing published 2,500 years ago also read – “The black and white creature that looks like a bear is called a ‘Mo’”. In Western Jin Dynasty (1,700 years ago), giant panda was called “Zou Yu”. As they eat only bamboo and do not hunt, they can peacefully live together with other animals. Pandas are therefore called “kind beast” symbolising peace.
- Next story Panda Bao Bao’s First Snow Day!
- Previous story The first giant panda discovered by the western world
- Pandas Hibernate in the Winter?
- Giant Pandas Blood Draws and Physical Examinations
- Panda Bao Bao’s First Snow Day!
- Panda in history
- The first giant panda discovered by the western world
- Giant Panda’s Food
- Panda Appearance and Characteristics
- The Bamboo Forest
- Giant panda’s Habitat
- Giant Panda Distribution